Friday, October 15, 2010

I'd like to take a moment to talk about Stefano Pilati... by all accounts and from what I saw on the modern interweb as my invitations to the Paris shows keep getting lost! Australia Post! Stefano's Latest collection for the glorious house of Yves Saint Laurent was just about as YSL as you can get without the man designing it himself from the grave

Case & point....hello back.. hot!

And how dapper does the man look taking his bow....casual, smart, confident and very very sexy...

I was extremely lucky this year in June to be in Paris and be able to attend the YSL retrospective at the Petit Palais. An amazing exhibition show casing some 700 garments over YSL's career...the highlight for me was the floor to ceiling wall of mannequins in his seasonal interpretation of the simple black tuxedo. Black mannequins on a black wall all dress in black with random flashing single fairy lights to break the intimidation...amazing.

While I'm on about the Paris shows and my disappointment of missing them again this year, i want to spare another moment to rave about the genius that is Alber Elbaz at Lanvin...I want to be a girl to wear these masterpieces....then i see the menswear collection that Lucas Ossendrijver has created this season and I'm happy I didn't go through with it.
His draped aesthetic that celebrates women's shapes and their elegance evolves season after season and keeps us wanting more. The addition of body con horizontal pleating (a nod to Izzey Miyake) this season keeps this brand moving, without straying from Elbaz's vision of Lanvin's eponymous label.

No comments:

Post a Comment